Following on from the much loved Bond single, Mumrunner return with End, bringing a different kind of energy. Graceful urgency, dreamy vocals and a comedown chorus all lead to a massive instrumental break that tilts End to new directions. End gives us another glimpse of Mumrunner’s debut EP Full Blossom.
Listen to End
The five track Full Blossom is an elegant take on alternative shoegaze and shows Mumrunner’s willingness to bring new ideas to the dream pop landscape- it’s heavier yet lighter. The debut Mumrunner EP Full Blossom gets a worldwide digital release through Soliti on the 15th May 2015.
Mumrunner: Full Blossom EP (Soliti 040)
- Full Blossom
Mumrunner upcoming shows
22.5 Bar 15, Seinäjoki w/ LOVE SPORT
27.5 Telakka, Tampere
29.5 Dynamo, Turku
6.6 Klustermus, Rauma w/ LOVE SPORT, others.
4.7 Lepakkomies, Helsinki
Some reaction to Full Blossom‘s first single Bond:
- “Because this is a band off to a good start, and I for one am looking forward to more…” All Scandinavian
- “High energy and quite the tempo, racing guitars, droning vocals – it’s a juiced up version of shoegaze and I’m digging it the more and more I hit play.” What’s Protocol
- “The first taster of the bands new EP is every bit as brilliant as those early tracks hinted at.” Gold Flake Paint
- “Their new single ‘Bond’ is an impressive tune, with a catchy chorus and a relentless pace.” Sounds Better With Reverb
- “Gauzy tones and layers of sounds are punctuated with alternative rock elements, resulting in a dynamic listening experience and suggesting a wide range of possibilities for future songs.” WYMA
- “And let’s be honest, the guitars just sound amazing in “Bond”. Abduction Radiation